Home » , , , , , , » A Minimalist Nashville Abode Home to a Textile Designer

A Minimalist Nashville Abode Home to a Textile Designer

sneak peeks by anne

1Hans
Han Starnes runs a knitwear label – Josi Faye, named after her mother – that designs and produces small batch handworked knitwear in Nashville pulling from traditional textile methods and using handspun yarn. Two years spent in New Zealand, learning about natural fibers from local experts, also has played a major role in her work. After moving back to the States, she and her husband didn’t have many things and have decided only to continue to live simply. Their decorating style is quite minimal, drawing inspiration from items that have been in the family for a long time. They’ve been settled in Tennessee for a year now and are most excited by their newly screened in pavilion in the backyard – an important element of the American South, especially to keep the bugs out – which is perfect for morning reads when the weather is nice (Meg the dog even has her own door now!). It’s always a treat to see someone’s home and see their work too, and I love how Han’s style translates between the two. Many thanks Han and to Stephanie Kincheloe for the photos! –Anne

Image above: Funny story. See below!

2Hans

3Hans

Click for more inside Han’s Nashville home after the jump!

4Hans
Image above: This is our couch in the pavilion – it’s kinda a funny story. We inherited this couch from my parents who received two right sides of an ikea couch. Since the company told them to just throw it away as they would receive a whole new one, we said we would turn it into a usable couch.. And that’s what it is today! It’s definitely a sweet reading spot.

5Hans

6Hans
Image above: These shelves are made with wood from my parent’s property in rural Tennessee. We use it to store our coffee and keep a few other kitchen items handy. We get our honey from an incredible local Tennessee farmer named Todd. The mugs and bowls are made by my dear friends Meridith Holder and Lily Glass.

7Hans
Image above: Our dinning table is one of our favorite pieces, because it’s perfect to host both small and large gatherings – from 4 people to 12!  This table was made by Zac Taylor Carpentry, and he happens to be my brother-in-law!

8Hans

9Hans
Image above: I love keeping a few beautiful sentimental items – these dried eucalyptus leaves are from a dear friend’s wedding over a year ago. The thread was my great-grandmother’s.

10Hans
Image above: These are two family pieces: the dresser came from my husband’s grandmother, who grew up using it, and the wooden box my grandfather made with his hands just after the war in 1947.

11Hans

12Hans
Image above: These knitting needles were designed for an old project, but now serve as a reminder of past projects.

13Hans
Image above: This is a shot of our new pavilion. My dear friend Annie Williams’ husband Ben built it this year for us. He even added a dog door for Meg! It originally was an old mechanic garage, so the floors are stained with its past.  I’m already looking forward to warmer weather that allows us to spend more time in there.

14Hans

Categoriessneak peeksRelated PostsNo related posts. [email protected]

This place is simply amazing. I wish I could live such a clutter-free life.

Louise from TheDasherie.com

This is lovely, if considerably sparser than I could personally handle. But I had to laugh at even the “What I love about my home” being minimalist!

fox in the city

oh this is so nice!

Heather

Gorgeous!

ms j

this is so calming and freeing and beautiful to be this clutter free. this is my goal thank you for sharing

Emily

Extra blankets and pillows? A place to put your keys and purse and cell phone? Where does the mail go? I’m convinced there’s a closet somewhere bursting at the seams.

Summer

I feel chilly looking at all the photos! But, hey it’s their home.

sunny

so pretty! and just what I needed to see… am really moving ahead with paring down my belongings this month. this house tour just provided me with the visuals I need to keep in mind as I select items to donate/recycle/toss.+

simplin

liked it because the minimalism was not forced. the dog is gorgeous, what breed is it?

Judi Easley

I live in constant clutter and would dearly love to de clutter and clear out, but this is a bit too minimal for me. I’m glad that they love their life, though!

Em

I’d love to know what grey paint is on the bedroom wall in the second photo. Such a lovely shade!

Bekah

Great timing! I’m cleaning my house today and going crazy with all the stuff that I don’t need or use. As I sat down to a lunch break, I read this post! Beautiful home! Well done not having too much stuff!

Andrea

I believe the dog is a Weimaraner.

firehorse jane

The fire place is great, but is it just for looks? If it works, it’s amazing!! I love how open it is.

Isabelle

Way too sparse for my tastes although I envy anyone who can live like that.

preeti

What a beautiful minimal place it is. Love the last picture. :)

marta

The dog is a weimaraner.. so beautiful!

Tom

I agree with Summer and Isabelle.

Lily Glass

Hannah it looks so lovely! Loved getting to peek inside your cozy home.
xo

Sarah

Each to their own.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Entri Populer